Everyone Benefits

Managing Kansas' Roadsides

The savings from this roadside management program allow more time and money to be spent on state highways and bridges. Farmers and adjacent landowners are able to harvest hay from the roadsides at no cost. Any person, firm or corporation wanting to mow or bale hay will need to submit a permit application to the KDOT office in their area. Permits are good for one year, or a specific haying season. Permit forms are available from any KDOT office. Adjacent landowners will be given first priority if they apply for a permit by March 31 of a given year.